Add free configurable custom fields to your Kimai installation
You can create as many fields as you want for each data type, where each field:
- is either optional or mandatory
- can be restricted to users with certain permissions or roles
- can be described with a name and help text
- has a maximum length of 65535 character
The custom-field data is then available in:
- Data-tables will display all visible fields
- Exports (HTML and Spreadsheets include all visible fields)
- Timesheet exports (include visible timesheet fields)
- API (collections and entities)
- Invoice templates (custom templates have access to all fields)
You can change the “weight” of custom-fields, so they show up in the order you define.
- Sensitive data can be configured as “invisible”, so it will not show up in the previously mentioned places
- Weekly-hours does NOT support custom fields
- User preferences (custom fields for users) are not exported by the API (this is a limitation in the core application)
- User preferences have a maximum length of 250 character
Custom fields can be of the following type:
The custom fields will be shown on the “create and edit entity” forms and can have the following types:
|Input field type
|simple text field
|number without decimal point
|number with decimal places
|enter a duration in various formats
|dropdown of languages, shown in the user language
|dropdown of currencies, shown in the user language
|dropdown of countries, shown in the user language
|browser specific input element to select a color
|type a date or select it from the datepicker
|type a date and time or select it from the picker
|enter an email address (with basic validation)
|multi-line text field
|drop-down with custom entries
Use the value
1 as default value for a pre-checked box or
0 for an unchecked box.
If a checkbox is marked as mandatory, the user has to check it in order to submit the form.
“Choice-list” is a different word for “Select-box” or “Drop-down”.
You have to add the entries as comma-separated list in the
Default value field.
For example a list consisting of fruits would look like this:
As the first entry is pre-selected, you can add an empty field to the dropdown by starting the list
with a leading
, like this:
Combined with the mandatory flag, this will force your users to select an entry from the list to be able to submit the form.
Choice list is also capable to configure title and values independently.
Let’s assume you have non-human friendly IDs for the value, but want to show a human friendly text, you can separate
each value from its title by using a pipe
A select box that is useful if you want to generate automatic invoices via command line / cronjobs.
The Kimai command
bin/console kimai:invoice:create supports invoice templates via custom-field (see docs).
The option parameter
--template-meta takes the internal name of the custom field that will identify the invoice template to be used.
|allows to administrate the custom field definitions
By default, these are assigned to each user with the role