Audit trail logs
Logging entity changes in Kimai
Find out who changed what and when: record and visualize the changes on
system configurations and
A global audit-trail page, listing all recorded changes with username, change datetime, item type and link to detail page.
Actions for each of the following items:
Introduces a new screen for each of the above items, with all recorded changes and each log entry containing the following information:
- type of change (create, update, delete)
- changed fields (see list below)
The change history will be recorded for the following fields:
- System configuration:
- This bundle needs to be installed and activated to keep track of the change history, previous changes are not available.
- Not all entities and fields will be recorded, please read the above list carefully.
- The “Audit logs” link is not available under “My timsheets” to prevent potential information leaks.
- Certain batch updates (e.g. setting the
exportedflag of multiple timesheets during export) cannot be recorded, as those are executed directly via database
When logged in as
SUPER_ADMIN, you will now see the overview page at
/en/audit/ and the items audit log screens
in the “action” dropdown menus of the above items.
This bundle introduces new permissions, which limit access to certain functions:
||see the audit log page with all entries|
||see all changes for the customer objects|
||see all changes for the project objects|
||see all changes for the activity objects|
||see all changes for own timesheet records (only via team timesheets, audit logs are not shown in user timesheet panel)|
||see all changes in other users timesheet records (only via team timesheets, audit logs are not shown in user timesheet panel)|
By default, these are assigned to each user with the role